Government College for Girls, Patiala has carved itself a niche among the premier institutes of Punjab as well as the entire northern region of India.
The college started with a host of girl students in 1941 in a small building of Victoria Girls High School in Patiala and has grown since, to impart education to approximately
2000 students in a sprawling campus, located at stadium Road, Patiala.
It is a matter of great honour and pride that Dr. Radha Krishnan, the then President of India, laid the foundation stone of the college in the year 1954. The institute still carries on with legacy of the great educationist. The aura and eminence of notable personalities , reflected in the the annuals of the institution from time to time, have placed it a rung higher.