|Thought For The Day :|
Government College for Girls, Patiala has carved itself a niche among the premier institutes of Punjab as well as the entire northern region of India. The college started with a host of girl students in 1941 in a small building of Victoria Girls High School in Patiala and has grown since, to impart education to approximately 2000 students in a sprawling campus, located at stadium Road, Patiala. It is a matter of great honour and pride that Dr. Radha Krishnan, the then President of India, laid the foundation stone of the college in the year 1954. The institute still carries on with legacy of the great educationist. The aura and eminence of notable personalities , reflected in the the annuals of the institution from time to time, have placed it a rung higher.
Govt. college for girls, Patiala is one of the premier institutes of North India. It has set many milestones in the field of education in the last seven decades. Fostering rich traditions and bright futures it has illuminated the lives of millions of its students , thus giving a new direction to Society. Accredited with an 'A' grade by NAAC in 2016, the college provides the girls every oppourtunity for their all round development. Heading such a prestigious institution is a matter of pride but with it comes a great sense of responsibility. With the help of a team of tireless workers